Serve crispy breaded chicken over a bed of flavourful noodles with crunchy slaw on the side. Top with a delicious homemade dressing and enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ c. toasted, unsweetened coconut
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- A generous pinch of chili flakes (more or less depending on heat preference)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To dredge the chicken, set the three stations up. One bowl with the flour, second bowl with the egg and the third bowl with the coconut, panko, pepper, salt and chili flakes.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour first. Then dip the chicken in the egg and finally completely coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture. Set each chicken breast onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and bake for another 10-15 minutes more.
- At the end to add some colour, turn the broiler on for about 3-5 minutes and broil until golden brown!
Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes, slice and plate with the noodles and the slaw!
- 2 bunches of green onions, washed and dried (12-14 stalks)
- 1 c. avocado oil
- Cut the green onions into halves, separating the white/pale part from the dark green top. Set half of the dark green tops aside for garnish. Save the other half to add to the oil part way into the cooking process.
- In a saucepan, add in the lower half of the scallions and the oil.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, until tiny bubbles start to appear.
- Add in the other half of the green tops. Continue to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- It should be sizzling the entire time. At the end, the green onions will be a golden brown and slightly crisp.
Pour the oil through a fine mesh sieve and set aside to cool until ready to use.
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. scallion oil
- ¼ c. pasta cooking liquid
- 375 g spaghetti noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, soy and scallion oil.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Near the end of the cooking time, reserve one-quarter of the cup of the pasta cooking liquid and set aside.
- Drain the noodles and return them to the pot or a bowl.
- Add the two tbsp. of the pasta cooking liquid to the bowl with the other ingredients and whisk together (Feel free to add more cooking liquid to loosen up the sauce).
Pour the sauce over the noodles, sprinkle with the other half of the scallion tops and serve.
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp. scallion oil
- ¼ c. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- For the slaw itself, any vegetables will work, such as carrots, radishes, cabbage, or anything that has a good crunch.
- Add all the ingredients to either a blender or a tall container and use a hand blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together and set aside.
When ready, toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve.