Sweet, salty and oh-so garlicy. Fun to eat, too.
- 5 ears of corn, shucked and cut in half crosswise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Chopped red chilies and scallions (to garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Next, combine the hoisin, honey, tamari, lime juice, minced garlic and grated ginger in a small mixing bowl, and set it aside.
- Spear each piece of corn with a thick skewer, and arrange the corn on the prepared pan.
- Combine the olive oil and melted butter in a small bowl, and drizzle it over the corn.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Next, remove the foil and baste the corn with the hoisin-honey sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes, and then baste again. Bake five minutes more, then remove to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds, red chilies and scallions.