No time to cook? Guess again. This deliciousness is ready in just 25 minutes.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (or 4 drums with thighs attached)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek (or more)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Sliced scallions, to garnish
- To a large pan or skillet, add all of the ingredients except for the sliced scallions.
- Bring the chicken and sauce to a boil over medium heat;
- then turn down the temperature to low so that the sauce is just simmering (too high a temp and the sugary sauce will burn).
- Let the chicken and sauce cook for about 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes along the way.
- Check for doneness, and serve over rice with a garnish of scallions.