There’s just no competing with classic black. It’s formal yet edgy, traditional yet mysterious, guarded yet expressive. No wonder it’s always in style. And this season, it’s trending stronger than ever. From hand-painted nail art to infrared photography, it’s as clear as the frames on your face: Only on your cable bill is orange the new black.
- Ollie & Olivia Footed Teacups, from Home Sense, $4.99 each
- Hand-painted Nail Art, from Gelous Nails, $67
- Face à Face, from MDO Opticians, $215
- Veli Men’s Shoes, by Keyman Designs, from Tokota Shoes, $265
- Timber Black Purse, by Ellen Ruban, from Tokota Shoes, $260 with Ecoresin Ring, by dconstruct Jewellery, from Art Gallery of St. Albert, $20
- Satin-skinned black plums make as lovely a centrepiece as flowers do—and smell just as sweet.
- Limited-edition 21” x 14” Giclee on Canvass, by Akemi Matsubuchi, $375
- Cherry-wood Black-ink Pen, by Rene Parenteau, from Art Gallery of St. Albert, $48